Wednesday, August 5, 2009

18 days and counting...

Time has flown by since graduation and I find myself with only 18 days left until I depart for Southeast Asia. I will fly from Atlanta to London on August 24th. From London I will fly to Hong Kong, arriving on Wednesday August 26th. I am overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation.

For those of you that know me well, I am not exactly a light packer. I have been working on this huge character defect of mine and am hoping that when it comes time to leave I'll be able to board my plane with only two suitcases and a backpack to survive with in HK for a whole year.
(please keep your fingers crossed!)
The problem I'm finding is that I am a first time yasc placement in Hong Kong and there is no one to tell me what they have done (ie, packed) in the past or what to expect. I don't really have any clue what the suitable and/or appropriate attire is for HK and I'm sort of flying blind in a sense. The climate is tropical for most of the year, but I am certain that shorts and flip flops are not the typical garb of the fast paced, money-driven citizens of Hong Kong.
So anyway, please wish me luck with my packing adventure.


Ready or not...

2 comments:

  1. Maegan! I can't believe you're going to Hong Kong. I wish you all the best and know that you're going to look back and love the year (or more!) that you're spending there in response to God's calling. I'm going to miss you dearly, but you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to read all about it...and to hopefully come visit and hear about it firsthand.

    ReplyDelete